Costco Epping and other companies are looking for full-time forklift drivers who will work on rotating roster that includes weekend work, and will starts from 4.00 am till 11. 00 pm at night. The forklift driver is expected to complete daily forklift safety checklist. Uses or acts as spotter to keep people out of the fall-danger zone. Must be able to operate electric forklift and electric pallet jack to move pallets of merchandise, and changes out forklift batteries and hooks batteries up to battery charger.
Other responsibilities are:
- To transfer merchandise from the receiving area to the steel shelves and bulk wall for storage, or directly to the sales floor.
- To move pallets of merchandise from the steel shelving and the bulk wall to the sales area based on written list, verbal instruction, and observation of low stock.
- To stack product from partial pallets onto full pallets and removes empty pallets from the sales floor, and rotates stock as necessary
- To wrap pallets in plastic film with a product tag prior to placement on steel shelves.
- To assist with stocking, clears sales floor debris, observes and ensures correct product signage,
- Also to mark unmarked product with item number using marking gun.
- To provide prompt and courteous member service, and help members to load large items in their cart and auto
- To direct members to products and relate product status knowledge.
- To assist with front end duties as necessary.
- To assist in other departments of the warehouse as necessary.
- To create computer generated signs.