Brief Company Overview
Serco Inc. also known as ‘Serco’ is a division of Serco Group plc. The company serves every section and division of Government: U.S. Military, U.S. Federal Civilian Agencies, Intelligence Community, Government of Canada, State and Local Governments, as well as other commercial clients. Our focus is to help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Our Headquarters is located in Herndon Virginia, Serco has approximately 6000 employees with an annual revenue of $1 billion.
Serco Canada Inc. located at Goose Bay, NL is recruiting IT Technicians that are capable to perform preventive and corrective maintenance, modifications, installation, relocation and removal of Communications and IT wares. The preventive and corrective maintenance on cable facilities comprising outdoor and indoor cabling systems and infrastructure maintenance, Investigate unusual maintenance problems and update the TIS Supervisor and/or TIS Manager (depending on equipment) aware of any change in equipment serviceability status.
This also includes:
- Participating in communications facilities planning,
- Supporting in designing plans for the installation of additional conduit telecom/network infrastructure and backbone and horizontal pathway systems.
- Participating in inventory control of Communications equipment and IT hardware/software.
- Performing research of technical solutions leading to procurement action.
However, for GES Technicians, the additional duties are as follow:
- Coordinating and participating in all IT projects.
- Review and allocate resources and materials to complete jobs and work orders in a manner consistent with quality time and cost requirements.
- Perform periodic inspections of IT Systems network infrastructure and work procedures.
- Coordinate with and assist local and national contractors regarding IT equipment/systems installation operation and maintenance.
- Perform research of technical solutions leading to procurement action.
- Ensure all equipment renovations and installations conform to applicable standards.
- Investigate IT operational problems and keep the TIS Supervisor aware of any change in equipment serviceability status.
- Evaluate the adequacy of operating facilities and spare parts identify problem areas failure rates operational impact and recommend modifications.
- Completion of a two year Technical College or equivalent program. A minimum of five years’ experience in Information Technology Services is required.
- Possession of a valid NL Class 5 driver license is required.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Transport Canada Radio Operators certificate.
- Ability to obtain and maintain Secret Level II security clearance is required.