A leading company known as ‘Hard-Line’ is an international front-runner in mine automation, network backbone connectivity and mine production optimization. We are focusing on providing essential technology that will integrate and connect all aspects of safe mine operation. Therefore our company is an equal opportunity for employees by offering an excellent benefit package, and a strong focus on continuous training and development. We are presently in the hunt for an Electronic Bench Technicians on a permanent or full-time to join our team.
The Electronic Bench Technician will be responsible for assembling, troubleshooting, testing and refurbishing electronic circuitry and components, as well as diagnosing faults and repairing both Hard-Line and competitors’ products.
- College Diploma in Electronics or related field
- Experience with electronic and mechanical systems is an asset
- Previous experience or understanding of mining processes and mine equipment operation is considered an asset
- Demonstrated understanding of electronic components and circuitry.
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to analyze and assess test data and problem solve to derive possible solutions
- Strong knowledge of multimeters, circuit testers, and oscilloscopes.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of the organization, including Senior Management, in a clear and concise manner
Summary of Essential Job Functions are:
- To use a wide range of equipment such as oscilloscopes, multimeters and diagnostic equipment to inspect, test, diagnose and repair Hard-Line and competitor’s electronic equipment, remote control systems etc.
- To use the right tools for the repair of equipment, requesting different tools when necessary and assessing where a tool may lose its full functionality
- To read and understand equipment manuals and schematics to adjust, align, replace or repair electronic equipment and components to ensure they are in working order
- To diagnose electronic and mechanical faults in malfunctioning circuits, components and equipment, and fix or replace the piece of equipment or parts
- To provide expertise and guidance in the identification, analysis, and resolution of electronic and mechanical problems
- To complete work orders, test and maintenance reports and all other relevant paperwork on the repair
- To assemble data from the tests, assessing gaps and formulating action plans for improvement
- To formulate design drawings, in conjunction with other parties, for the creation of electronic components
- To assemble circuits, complete prototypes and adjust/make modifications to the design as necessary
- To fabricate and solder parts as needed
- To prepare cost estimates and equipment layouts as required
- To provide resource estimates and schedules for electronic components
- To participate in department training programs as required
- To maintain up-to-date with electronic advancements and stay current with industry trends and best practices
- To perform other duties as assigned